• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KarateForums.com Awards 2013: Winners Revealed!

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com. :)

After more than month of nominating and voting, the 2013 edition of KarateForums.com Awards have come to their conclusion. It is now time for us to announce the winners.

Before I do so, I wanted to once again congratulate everyone who was nominated. Being nominated, in and of itself, is a beautiful thing and should be recognized. If you did not win or were not nominated, please do not take it personally. These awards do have meaning, but they are also for fun and not everyone can win or be nominated. Please join me in congratulating our winners. :)

In addition, thank you to everyone who participated in the process by nominating and voting. You are vital to this event. You, the community, selected the nominees and decided the winners. :) Without that participation, there are no KarateForums.com Awards.

Those who vote in categories that they were nominated, like many members do, are to be commended for their selflessness. Since you can't vote for yourself, your choice is to vote for someone else or not vote at all. Yet most members choose to vote for a fellow member, which says a lot about your character. I appreciate it.

Without further ado, here are our winners:

1. Member of the Year: CredoTe

2. New Member of the Year: Hawkmoon

3. Community Spirit Award: sensei8

4. Staff Member of the Year: (tie) ninjanurse, sensei8 and Harkon72

5. Funniest Member of the Year: MasterPain

6. Karate Contributor of the Year: sensei8

7. Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling Martial Arts Contributor of the Year: tallgeese

8. Korean Martial Arts Contributor of the Year: DWx

9. Equipment Contributor of the Year: JohnASE

10. Health, Training and Fitness Contributor of the Year: (tie) bushido_man96 and tallgeese

11. Instructor Central Contributor of the Year: sensei8

12. Article of the Year: Creating a Home Training Environment for Martial Arts by tallgeese

Congratulations to CredoTe, Hawkmoon, Bob (sensei8), Heidi (ninjanurse), Gareth (Harkon72), Bill (MasterPain), Alex (tallgeese), Danielle (DWx), John (JohnASE) and Brian (bushido_man96)! :)

I would also like to congratulate Bob on being the second KarateForums.com member to be honored 10 times through the KarateForums.com Awards and both Alex (now with 7) and Danielle on being third and fourth members to reach 5 awards.

For past winners and the overall tally of awards won per member, please check out: http://www.karateforums.com/awards.php

Thank you for reading and for supporting the KarateForums.com Awards.

Sincerely,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all the award winners.

I am very pleased to accept the honor of sharing the award for Staff Member of the Year with Heidi and Bob, we make a great team.

And Patrick doesn't need an award because his achievement is beyond our mortal understanding :angel:

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Congratulations to all the winners!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Well done guys, nice recognition, well done!

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

:o Whoa... :o

Thank you everyone here at KF for this great honor!

:bowofrespect:

Congrats to all the winners!

:karate:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...