• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Five Years on Staff for Alex (tallgeese)

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

It was on this day 5 years ago that Alex (tallgeese) joined the staff. He now makes up an important part of what I consider to be the greatest staff that I have ever had here at KarateForums.com.

As a contributor to the community, Alex represents a levelheadedness that brings value to discussions. The manner in which he contributes - the words that he chooses, the way that he expresses his viewpoints - set a wonderful example for everyone to follow. He is among the greatest contributors in the history of this community and that's more than just a nice thing to say - it's the truth.

As a member of staff, Alex has developed into a great moderator, someone who recognizes the issues that can occur within a community like this and helps to bring them to an appropriate resolution. He's a great team player and helps to maintain the environment that this community enjoys. Alex is a big supporter of and believer in this community.

5 years is a long time and it is amazing when you have someone who contributes that much to the community and accomplishes that type of longevity.

Thank you, Alex, for the incredible contributions that you have made to this community. Thank you for your efforts on your staff. I am grateful for your friendship, kindness and support. Thank you. :)

Sincerely,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you for all your contributions!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Thank you for the kind words, Patrick. I am humbled.

And thanks to everyone else as well. Being both a member of this community and a moderator is an honor. I really do believe in the community and the level of discourse that Patrick has fostered here.

It is fantastic to be part of such a thoughtful group of martial arts who can discuss, debate, and disagree is such a civil manner. I appreciate Patrick for putting this all together and everyother member who has taken part in the discussions since I've been here.

Thank you all.

5 years!! That's quite along time. Worthy of its recognition. As Patrick has eluded to, Alex's "levelheadedness" has earned this recognition from his fellow KF members.

I've always enjoyed his forthrightness in his posts, and his posts, at times, have not equal. They're full of his noted knowledge, and after all, it's the knowledge that all MAists seek over anything else tangent.

Congrats Alex on your 5 years on staff at KF!! I will always respect you across the board. Thank you for all that you do here at KF!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

And in the spirit of honoring Alex, I wanted to mention that the KarateForums.com Awards 2013 winners have just been revealed and he was voted as the winner in the Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling Martial Arts Contributor of the Year, Health, Fitness and Training Contributor of the Year and Article of the Year awards.

With these honors, he becomes the third member to ever be honored 5 or more times in the awards, now with 7 overall awards. :)

Patrick