• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello to all.

Roninkai

I've been thinking of going back to Shotokan lately as I miss doing the katas. My first introduction to Shotokan was in the Philippines (Angeles City) way back in 1973. I switched to Wadokai and trained for 2 years when I moved to Chula Vista, Ca at the Bonita School Of Martia Arts in 1986. Then in 1988 I decided to try Aikido for a change in which I stayed active up to the present. I added Iaido just to compliment the sword arts of Aikido.

But, lately I am longing to do those katas all over again. How I miss doing them. I am here in Las Vegas now and I checked some of the Shotokan Dojos here. I just ordered my Shureido K-10 gi and I am ready to go back and train in Shotokan again this coming Wednesday.

Thank you all.

100X is better than 10X

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Karatedo again. Keep us posted on your progress please; I returned to Karate 2 years ago, it's hard at my age but very rewarding. Good Luck with your Kata, Osu!

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Hi Harkon72,

Thank you very much for welcoming me on this Forum. I am in my early 50's also :D and I just want to go back from were I started when I was way younger. I found a very good school here in Vegas and I will update you of my progress.

Take care.

100X is better than 10X

Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to karate!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society