• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone have a belt display rack or holder?

AdamKralic

I'm asking as I'm handy with wood and my son has a rainbow of belts that are just hanging off a coat hook in his room.

I saw that I can buy one for good prices...but eh I like building stuff anyways...winter is coming...and well that's project time here in Chicagoland.

So store bought or hand made...if you got 'em...show 'em.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We used to have the belts attached to the wall with handles. Like the handles for a cabinet that are [ shaped. Put two about a foot to 18 inches apart, and fed the belt around it. Kept em looking nice.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

That sounds really cool. Although where I train we have our old belts tied up by our sensei. For us it signifies that we have travelled down that path and that we have learnt from it. although we will only untie a particular belt if we are presenting it to someone that deserves it or we trust them to respect the belt and the art.

Like in the movie 'kuro obi' where the sensei passes on his black belt to one of the students.

I highly recommend you take a look at the kind available online at various martial arts vendors. Those will give you a good idea of how it can look. However, don't waste your money on those you find online...they are horrible and often require you to cut the belt to get them to fit flush.

Here's a good page to get you started!

http://www.centurymartialarts.com/Accessories/Belt_Displays.aspx

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I have a 3D picture frame that I use to display my belts. It is about the size of an 11x17 frame, but thicker - fist the width of a belt perfectly. There is a Velcro backing, so I bought an extra patch of my association insignia and put at the top and then layer the belts on the bottom. I use matching coloured string to compress them so they sit nicely.

I had one of my younger brothers make one in his High School shop class for me--it looks somewhat like a torii gate, but with two rods spanning the gap between the two columns, and the belts wrap around the rods and tie in place. My parents still have it, and it has all of my old belts on it except for my white belt (I use that for visiting other schools), my green belt (my judo rank), and of course my brown belt, since I'm still using that :P.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use it personally, but for schools/systems that use a 10 gup/kyu colored belt rank system, this has a place for each, plus one's BB. For that reason, I love it.

http://www.macho.com/victory-belt-rack.aspx

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• 1 year later...

This guy does great work.

http://www.purpledragon.biz/

We've sold a few of his racks, and everyone has been happy with them. He can customize to your needs. It's not cheap and takes awhile, but you get craftsmanship.

Of course, if you're a woodworker yourself, you can use his designs for ideas.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com