• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

About Karate Organization(s)

Jeffthefurrydog

Hello

Sorry to create another topic about this. If I have another similar question, I will put it here.

A dojo somewhat near to me, which teaches Kyokushin, is part of the International Federation of Karate (or IFK). Are they well known? Are they known have some mcdojos as members, or are they mostly quality training?

And is anyone aware of an International Karate Organization (IKO) affiliated dojo in northern New Jersey US? I've looked on their websites, but some of the IKOs don't have dojo locations easily available.

Is there any agreement on which IKO is the most official or best? I know that there are a few of them. And if anyone has much familiarity with both the IKO and IFK, how do they compare in terms or prestige, recognizability, teaching philosophy, and quality?

Thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Osu! Jeffthefurrydog,

The IFK are run by Hanshi Steve Arneil! , there headquarters are here in the UK!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Arneil

FYI:

Sosai Oyama adopted Hanshi as his son when he was training in Japan!

Today Hanshi still refers to his father and founder of Kyokushin Karate!

The IFK came into being back in 1991.

I am a member of the BKK who are a member of the IFK here in the UK, have a look:

http://www.ifk-kyokushin.com/

A McDojo?

No far from it!

The IFK etc are a very well respected organization, that has representation all over Europe, Russia as well many Mediterranean nations and is (as you have found) in the US and South America as well!

:)

Osu!

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.