• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fitness / Conditioning Training Courses

Evil Dave

I'm thinking about writing a series of Train-the-Trainer courses about fitness and conditioning of martial artists. I would like some background ideas from experienced instructors, and any interested parties. Here is what I'm thinking:

section 1: basics, conditioning in the dojo with no equipment other than your students bodies

section 2: conditioning in the dojo with basic, little, or diy equipment

section 3: conditioning in and out of the dojo with sport conditioning equipment

section 4: conditioning on your own at home

section 5: conditioning on your own at a gym

What I'm looking for from this community is your opinions on the following items:

1. How would you feel about being approached with a training package like this?

2. What would you like to see in a training package?

3. How would you like to see a training package like this delivered? Video, in person, (e)mail, on-line, etc.

4. Any other comments?

Thank you for your time.

Patrick, I don't think I'm crossing any lines about product promotion, but if I am then please remove this post.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think it could work, particularly if you have a good and proven amount of skills, knowledge and experience to back up the programs teachings.

As far as the content, I would think about dividing it up into certain body functions as opposed to too many types of training, for example:

1-BODY CONDITIONING IN DOJO and HOME: Core, upperback, arms, legs etc etc.

2-EQUIP CONDITIONING IN and OUT of DOJO: Core, upperback, arms, legs etc etc.

3-GYM CONDITIONING: Core, upperback, arms, legs etc etc.

4-PARTNERED CONDITIONING: Core, back arms, etc etc etc.....

Make sense?

As for your questions:

1) I can see its worth and how it could be a great tool for many, but I would not personally buy into it, only because of Kyokushins heavy conditioning focus that is there already.

2) As above, basically conditioning to me covers endurance, strength and flexibility to prevent injury under different strenuous circumstances. That is what I think sould be in there as staple.

3) In person, and only then followed up with written materials and video.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

I think it could work, particularly if you have a good and proven amount of skills, knowledge and experience to back up the programs teachings.

As far as the content, I would think about dividing it up into certain body functions as opposed to too many types of training, for example:

1-BODY CONDITIONING IN DOJO and HOME: Core, upperback, arms, legs etc etc.

2-EQUIP CONDITIONING IN and OUT of DOJO: Core, upperback, arms, legs etc etc.

3-GYM CONDITIONING: Core, upperback, arms, legs etc etc.

4-PARTNERED CONDITIONING: Core, back arms, etc etc etc.....

Make sense?

As for your questions:

1) I can see its worth and how it could be a great tool for many, but I would not personally buy into it, only because of Kyokushins heavy conditioning focus that is there already.

2) As above, basically conditioning to me covers endurance, strength and flexibility to prevent injury under different strenuous circumstances. That is what I think sould be in there as staple.

3) In person, and only then followed up with written materials and video.

Very solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I think you've got some good ideas there. One thing to keep in mind is the time constraints that some people have, and how to ammend things for those that don't have the time to put in 20 hours of training a week. I think what many will like is to see the home/solo stuff, or minimum equipment stuff.