• Other (please say in the thread)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am partial to Shito-Ryu because that is mainly what I have trained in. But as Harkon72 said it kind of has the best of both worlds. It has the long range fighting thats found in shorin-ryu and the close range fighting style found in gojo ryu.

Wado-ryu for me all the way!

It's not so much about what your hands and legs are doing - its a study of core principles that, in themselves, come from old schools japanese jujutsu and are uba cool.

Wado is multi layered and will keep you thinking and developing until the day you die!

It's why it is often referred to as the thinking mans Karate!

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

Matsubayashi Ryu (Shorin Ryu branch). Angles, details, precision, subtle power, yeah it's where I started. Have trained in Shotokan and traded techniques with Isshin Ryu fellow back in college. So, I don't claim to have the widest perspective. Of the listed styles Goju Ryu is the one that I think I would like to train in the most at this time.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

There are no styles. Why place the art in a box? My current instructor specializes in Shotokan, but I have trained in various Okinawa versions of karate. If you saw me in kumite you would see signs of all that I have studied. I have taken something from all of my teachers, thus I can't claim one over the other. At the end of the day I am simply a martial artist.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!