• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Seido Basic Self Defence #7 and #8

ZenPilot

Does anyone have the moves (or weblink for info) for Seido Basic Self Defence #7 and #8. Just learning these and can’t remember which is which and can’t find any info on the web. I normally makes some notes after class, but missed to write these down while still fresh in my memory.

Normally you can find anything on YouTube such as Katas, etc; but I can't find anything re the Seido Basic Self Defence 1-10

Thanks for any help. Osu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Does anyone have the moves (or weblink for info) for Seido Basic Self Defence #7 and #8. Just learning these and can’t remember which is which and can’t find any info on the web. I normally makes some notes after class, but missed to write these down while still fresh in my memory.

Normally you can find anything on YouTube such as Katas, etc; but I can't find anything re the Seido Basic Self Defence 1-10

Thanks for any help. Osu

Hello and welcome to the forums.

As I understand it, Seido Karate is a Kyokushin based system? I know next to nothing about Kyokushin (let alone Seido), but perhaps you should ask your dojo buddies.

If looking for quality resource/media about a system - always ask the guys that train it. ;)

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never trained Seido, but if its the same as Kyokushin, the self defence can differ from dojo to dojo, which is why you may have trouble finding info on the web?

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

• 4 weeks later...

There are no web videos of these to be found. Seido Karate has 10 basic self defence sequences which are standard across the system/style.

Yes, I got these on my next class, but was merely seeking to find them beforehand to practice before my next training session.

As note above, Seido grew out of Kyokushin in the mid 70's, so in many aspects is very similar; however there are many Seido specific items.