• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is this nasty thing?

Xtreme Fury

i posted this at another forum, but here goes:

im planning to go see a doct about this, but before i do which may be not till a while i wanted to ask you what this is. well there this thing under my skin, yes under my skin(i know it's ewwy). it's the color of a bruise, but it's under my skin and it's not 2 dimensional like a bruise it's 3D and when I touch it I can feel it(under my skin). its kinda creeping me out.. what could this be? cancner? aids? lol. if anyone knows or has any guesses please tell me.

its kind of like a "round" bruised color thing under my skin. i know it sounds nasty but it doesn't look that bad, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
No it doesn't feel like anything. I've been doing research for the last 30 minutes, it sounded like a few things but when I looked at the picture of it, it never looks like the thing I have. :( Anymore ideas? Please say somethin, i really wanna know, even any guesses are ok too.

I know whats wrong! :)

Don't worry, it's nothing big, You have a "welt". You must have banged or hit somthing hard to created a welt (bump) under your skin. This is normal in Muay Thai training, when a hard cut kick hits your thigh it creats a welt or bump under the skin which is very soar and will begin to discolour when healing begins (purple, yellow, brown, red, blue/green). Don't worry it will go away and fully heal in 2 weeks just put ice on it.

If your still worried then go see your doctor, but he/she will tell you the same. :)

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

Surely someone with more specific knowledge will jump in here, but it sounds to me like your basic hematoma. They happen when due to an injury blood leaks out of the vessels, pools under the skin and clots there, basically a simple contusion (bruise) gone bad. They can last for a while, I know in some cases they do need a doc's attention because they need to be drained. My boyfriend has one near his knee that he says has been there for years, but it doesn't bother him at all so he hasn't had a doctor look at it.

If it's been there for 4 years and you have no idea how it happened, personally I'd get it checked out just to make sure it's not something different. Especially since you're a martial artist I'd guess it probably is just an old injury, but what do I know :) Hope this helps!

ah thanks chh. :) That makes me feel better, at least I'm not as worried as before, I thought it was cancer or something! Phew, but I better get it checked by a doct, just in case.

And I don't think it's a old martial art injury, seeing I'm pretty young and unexperienced in MA(haven't been doing it for that long, only like a year.)

oh well, thanks again chh.

As chh said, could be a regular old haematoma (posh name for a bruise, when all is said and done). This is where something causes the small blood vessels - capillaries - damage and they leak blood into the surrounding tissue. A severe bruise will often be 3-d as there is some swelling local to the injury.

Some people find the herbal ointment "arnica" very useful to dissipate normal bruises and if you can get a cold compress onto the injury site early on you can reduce the swelling (and thus the pain) considerably.

However, if this bruise persists and does not start to reduce in size and go through the normal sequence of colour changes or if you get bruises which are persistant or not caused by a known injury you should see your doctor for sure. A bruise should be starting to fade and/or reduce in size after a few days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 2 weeks later...
Is it hard at all, by the time you read this you would have probably been to the doc already, but maybe it could be a welt that hasnt fully healed. I was skateboarding 2 years ago and i still can feel a little bit of the welt on my forehead when the skateboard edge hit me in the head,.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi