• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

missing training after operation

steviewaddy82

Hi guys. Its been a while since my last post. Ive had a burst appendix removed 3 weeks ago and im really missing my karate training. I was hoping to go back a week tomorrow which will be 5 weeks after op.

Is this too soon. I was going to go light and controlled for a while

thankyou

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Listen to your doctors recommendations and your body, the last thing you want to do is re-injure yourself. I would start with a couple of home workouts and some kata work, see what the body has to say. Then go into the dojo and start slow, also talk to your sensei so he knows your situation.

Yeah thats how i was going to go about it. Im back at work wednesday and was going to start light weight training then too. I went to watch training last week coz i missed the guys and im waiting for sensei to get back to me on facebook regarding starting back. Thanks for your help. Fingers crossed

Sorry to hear about your appendix! Like Evil Dave and Shodan melbourne said, I think it's best to go with your doctor. :)

Patrick

Sorry to hear about your appendix! Like Evil Dave and Shodan melbourne said, I think it's best to go with your doctor. :)

Patrick

:)

We have a couple of students who had their appendix removed. and they took about a month off to recover, when they started back they started very light and then built up slowly over a few months to get 100%

They didn't miss out on any gradings as they both were 1st Kyus (now black belts)

Thanks guys. Yeah ive spoke to sensei. He said the doc has to sign me off for insurance purposes. So another 2 weeks off. Never mind. Thanks again
That's alright. You've got plenty of time to train after that. Here's to a full recovery! :karate:

Patrick

I wholeheartedly concur...see a doctor now so that you can train later.

Hang in there, good luck with your recovery. Don't rush it.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!