• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Belt's size?!?!?!?!?!

Stefano123

Hi guys! A friend of mine wants to by an itaki belt on an italian site called "oriente sport", but he doesn't know the right size of the belt. He wants that the belt has to be 280 cm long. What is the right size? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Speak with your instructor. If the belts too long or too short, your instructor will let you know it immediately.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

It varies from brand to brand as well. My green belt (size 5) and my purple belt (size 4) were from two different manufacturers and are less than 5mm different in length. Any decent website will provide sizing information specific to their brand.

A not so funny thing that I've seen in the past while visiting dojo's, was the dojo awarding belts that are a size 1, and then encourage said student to purchase their own belt. Made no sense to me because the dojo could've bought the proper size belt from the get-go. Sheech!!

If my student wears a size 6 gi, then that's the size of the belt that I'll be getting them.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Contact the vendor, in this case Oriente Sport. As already mentioned, belt sizing will vary from brand to brand. 280cm is about 110 inches. In our belts, that's about a size 4. In other brands, it is almost a size 5. I do not know which it would be for Itaki brand belts.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

• 1 year later...

Your waist times two plus 50 inches

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. But speak to your instructor for advice on sizing. Otherwise if he is wanting to get a specific belt from a specific company and you have no idea then contact the company and ask about what size to get.