• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Super Spartan checked off my to do list for this year!

AngelAriz

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f286/dragonmark/facebook_-814756023jpg_zpsfd958c1a.jpg

This Super Spartan was an 8 mile beast of a course up a ski resort mountain with 20 +- obstacles including a swim through a lake/pond on the top of a mountain.

Many guys fell out of the run for a while with leg cramps and exhaustion. These races are not for the unmotivated. For me this is a martial art in itself. An act of discipline to endure and charge in to battle knowing that the charge, in reality, is the battle.

In a week and change we have a Warrior Dash 5k for fun and then the biggest race yet. The Spartan Beast. 12 miles and 25 obstacles of hard work. We will finish, we will succeed in achieving the Spartan Trifecta badge.

To some it means nothing, but to us this has been an adventure and a very important way for my bride and I to connect on a primitive level. Man and Woman depending on each other to "survive" and overcome challenges together.

If you have never done a mud run, i recommend you start with a Foam Fest or a Warrior Dash. But if you are in good shape and think you have what it takes, the Spartan Trifecta is a big challenge!

No limits as my limit.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kudos to you on completing these courses. I know I'm not in nearly good enough shape to pull one of these off. I'd have to start with plain old 5ks, and work up from there.

Congrats :up:

Like I mentioned in your previous post, I'm gearing up for one of these events... totally daunted by it though

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thank you Good folks!

I started with Warrior Dash's.

But my first obstacle courses were in the projects running the streets, i guess they call it parkor now. But Uncle Sam in the Army gave me the confidence to knock these things out.

No limits as my limit.