• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lower Leg Injury

guitarguy

About 2 years ago I injured my shin during sparring. My shin collided very hard with my opponents knee and i immediately fell to the ground. I couldn't even walk on it for a while and it swelled up very badly. Anyways, i havent trained martial arts since except for BJJ.

I want to get back to martial arts but every time I run or even knock it its painful for days. I'm getting it checked out shortly but I was just wondering what it may be.

And yes I do realise how silly it was to leave it, but im getting it checked now that i want to train seriously again. Just curious as to what it may be.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I would highly recommend that you see a doctor--after 2 years there should not be any lingering effects from your shin colliding with a knee. If I had to guess (and I am not a medical professional) you probably caused a stress fracture and it has either never healed, or has healed incorrectly due to never being treated.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Thanks and ye I'm seeing a doctor this week as I am very serious about getting back to training hard for a number of reasons, for a number of reasons. Stupid to let an injury go for so long. Hopefully it wont take too long to heal with correct treatment.