• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would you do if. . . .

So dropping work I would expand on my teaching, maybe spend a couple of days a week touring schools, colleges and large work places to help spread good Karate.

I would add a new style like Judo, maybe Aikido and I would get out there and train with as many people as possible so I could learn as much as possible and maybe even share some knowledge along the way.

Thinking wider then I would travel, I have spoken to enough people on forums around the world that I could get enough invitations to train to last a few years.

If I had enough money then I would start up a Dojo where everyone was welcome, pay top people to come and teach to spread good Karate before the old guard hang up their Gi's or go to the big Dojo in the sky.

Oh - and buy a new Gi.....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'd love to tour the world in order to spend at least one day with some of the most noted MAists, especially those who are legends in their respective MA before they pass away.

The info would be so valuable to me.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I would train with every Bruce Lee student alive and then buy a pet shop and live well.

My training would not change.

5 or so days a week, 2 hours a day or so.

No limits as my limit.

Sensei8 and mal103 have apparently been listening in on my "when I win the lottery" discussions. No work means plenty of travel and building a top notch dojo with a traditional wooden floor, a good mat room, weight room, showers, bag room etc. There would a nice apartment attached for the guest instructors I could bring in.

I'd travel, which my wife would love. If here is a seminar I want to attend out of state or over seas, I go for the week and relax and train.

My simple answer is adding BJJ and visiting the Silat school south of here and trips to Atlanta for EMA training as well. Regular trips to Tulahoma to visit with shidoshi is an assumed.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

• 2 months later...

For me personally, I would continue to train in Goju-Ryu and pick up BJJ again (I stopped after completing my VCE - Victorian Certificate of Education - Similar to a High School Diploma in America).

I would train in Karate every 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) & BJJ twice a week (Tuesday & Thursday).

But also i would pick up Arnis (Stick Fighting).

all 3 of these martial arts i would continue either i could no longer physically keep up with the demands or i die.

If i did die i would donate the rest of the money to martial art schools that i felt were worthy of it or schools that could use the money for the students benefits