• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

training log...

maisweh

anyone else keep a training log? i keep one for my weight training, as well as karate. lately we have started a fitness class and have a chart in the back with the people who want to participate on how much weight theyve lost, how much more weight they can lift, how much better their cardio has gotten. also, after they learn their first form, i video it, and then when they get to blue/green belt i video it again and show them just to show them the transition to how much better they've gotten. anyone else do anything like this?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This might help you....

Inside the forum...Health, Training and Fitness, you'll see a thread titled...The Martial Artist' Training Log. Here is where other KF members post theirs.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Check out the thread sensei8 talked about. It's got a lot of stuff on it at this point. No one's linked videos, but it's a great idea.

While that thread is helpful, I think that this is sort of a separate question. Is anyone taking video of them self in this manner?

Thanks,

Patrick

I like the video idea WRT people's kata. I wish I had more videos from when I started training as I'd love to know what I looked like then.

I have my weight logged at training :( For competition we fight in weight classes but since I fight at our equivalent for super heavyweight, it doesn't matter as much for me.

We also do the bleep test periodically and make a note of what we scored and I try to log my distances and times when I go out running.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I record my training in a small notebook, weights, cardio, and MA training. I think its helpful for tracking progress, especially with weights. Then, I transfer it to the above mentioned thread here.