• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Right leg forward?

ZakariRu

in bosnia generally,we're on guard with left leg in the front..

speaking for me,i like to switch a lot during the fight..quick switch in the opposite guard than opponent's than quick mae geri(not ashi mae geri)in combination with kizame-gyaku..

Spirit first, technique second

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

theres an article on that i believe, "choosing sides".

Personally, im left-footed and left-handed. everybody in my club fight right foot forward like suggested in the early katas (hookyu katas). i do both and dont mind any. versatility is always a good thing.

im trying to have kicks and punches with both feet equal. i dont think its a good thing when you're in a fight (real, sparring, whatever) and you have to change sides to kick or punch. your strikes would be much faster if it can come from both hands/kicks without any stance adjustment.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

In Mother Russia, Right Leg puts YOU forward.

[/end geek]

I won't be saying anything new, only that I tend to fight slightly more often with the right side forward, as I'm more comfortable "feeling" and grappling with my right hand. Technically, I say you shouldn't have a favored side and the goal is ambidexterity...but the reality is, I still favor my right side (I just try and minimize the gap in ability between the two sides).

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

I'm going to be balanced.. when I started training I started with left side forward (kickboxing) then I went to karate where they were trying to teach me to fight both sides, then I started to cross-train JKD where they teach me to fight right-side forward, so I think my present JKD trainig will compensate my previous Kickboxing experience and my karate training will help to keep the balance.