• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pushups, Crunches and Squats.

Harkon72

Beware the squat/front kick - as a periodic test of fitness, great. As a regular exercise - No ! This is an exercise that can lead to knee damage in the long term.

I would be interested to see studies on this. Squats, both bodyweight and barbell, tend to get a bad rap as being harmful to the knees and back that is undeserved. I can see issues if you are relaxing your knees on the squat and/or hyper-extending your legs on the kicks, but if you do the squats and kicks properly I wouldn't expect to have any issues. I've certainly never had issues with them, myself, and neither have any of the people I've trained with.

Are we talking about a one-legged squat, with the other leg extended as a front kick, or a squat, stand and front kick exercise that alternates front kicks on each leg? Two different things.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The exercise is squat, right front kick, squat, left front kick and so on for a minute. As I said, I found it beneficial, it'll be something different this week.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Yes, that's the one Harkon72. I was just going to do a description myself, as it seems to causing confusion. As I said , nothing wrong with doing it short term or as a test. But, long term - 18 months in my case - caused real problems. So bad I had to have a month or so off training with my legs, in any form. Plus, long distance running would sometimes cause me problems, which I think started here.

If you believe in an ideal. You don't own it ; it owns you.

• 1 month later...

Push ups, pull ups, sits ups, crunches, and squats are the best techniques for improving the fitness level and also body strength. These workouts specially work on arms, shoulders, belly, back, and thighs etc. and play an important role to bring them in shape and improve their strength.