• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Iron Body Training

Bluedot

Hi

I am really interested in the iron body training taken by many kung fu practitioners and my Hapkido school does not do any such training. If I want to do it by myself at home, is there any way I can start?

P.S. I already do yoga every morning.

Bluedot

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is a difficult question; Real Iron shirt training is hard to find, at least here in the West. To find a master willing to teach it is harder still. It's a form of Hard Qi Gong that takes years to even dream of testing. Good luck in your search, let us know if you find what you are looking for; I for one would be interested.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Very interesting this iron body method. So you can take punches after training.

I just had a tread about pressure point and there was a man who can knock you out with out touching... Would that be nice to see them fight - iron body vs. pressure point:-)

I just had a tread about pressure point and there was a man who can knock you out with out touching..
Claims to. In practice it looks identical to something Hypnotists and certain religious leaders who do very showy things in a crowd of 'true believers' do as part of a show for other people. The ones who do it to show off their hypnotism powers and to manipulate people knowingly are more honest about it, but the techniques and setup involved are the same regardless.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Yep - No touch KO was a bad remark. Still I think that there are a similar hype with Iron Body and Pressure Point. Both have some thing valid, but is it to that extent that claims are made?

Why don't you see an Iron body master in a MMA fight? Or a pressure point dude? Or a dude that can master both? Can take punches and know were to strike so that it hurts like hell - or knocks out his opponent?

Probably for the same reason that you don't see an Aikido master in a MMA figth. It's against their nature :brow:

Just to sum this up. I don't see any harm in training Iron Body - checked it up from web - and I don't see any harm in training Pressure points or Aikido for that matter. Qikong and acupuncture are great wisdoms.

I would highly recommend that you seek proper instruction for iron body training, because there is a lot that goes into doing it properly. You don't necessarily need to learn it from Chinese martial artists, however, if they are not available where you live. Goju-Ryu or Uechi-Ryu karate instructors can also teach a variation of iron body training, and it is typically one of the first things they teach.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society