• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To clear the Confusion "KickBoxing" is originated

Guys Kickboxing is from Korea and it is very much practised in Korea..

and.. Kickboxing is deifferent from Muay Thai

and Koreantiger81 you may go here and tell them this kickboxing is from korea :karate:

http://members.tripod.lycos.co.kr/kickman7/index-s.html

it says best of korea marital arts..... blah blah.. and it is true ^^

i am a korean boy who will rock korea with my fists may be next 10 years i am already a bruce lee of korea

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kickboxing originated with Karate practictioners becoming frustrated with the lack of full contact matches allowed, and created a new sport in which they could utilise Boxing techniques with Karate foot techniques.

It is well known MA history, that I put the reliability of above a single page, written by a single organization, that my computer cannot even translate into a language I can read. :)

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

I am wondering if you guys are confusing with K -1 and Kickboxing.. K -1 is combning all the K's martial arts~ such as karate~ kickboxing~ hapkido~ aikido~ or even muaythai~ and all that.. But!! not many people know that 'Kickboxing' itself is originated from korea.. however it is not that popular and there are not much famous kickboxers of korea that's why you guys are keep on trying to believe it is from karate.. Oh my god!!.. you guys shoud know the truth!! T0T :-?

i am a korean boy who will rock korea with my fists may be next 10 years i am already a bruce lee of korea

Modern Kickboxing originater from karate practitioners as Jack said. Muay Thai came from Thailand.

Kickboxing, as in pugilism involving the hands and feet, has been around a lot longer then either. Probably every country could claim to be the creators of some form of kickboxing if you go back in history a bit.

Even western boxing allowed kicks at one time. Does that mean the english created kickboxing? How about savate? it allows kicks.

See the point?

Right now, in north america, their are really two main branches of kickboxing. Muay Thai, and what is often called "American Kickboxing", which has its origins in Karate.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

It is well known MA history, that I put the reliability of above a single page, written by a single organization, that my computer cannot even translate into a language I can read

DING DING DING DING We have a winner.

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)