• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To eat or not to eat this snickers bar

It's 12:05 and I have sweet tooth, to eat or not to eat this snickers bar? Why?

“When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That's the message he is sending.” - Thich Nhat Hanh

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Snickers bars are great for energy and fine in moderation, it can be the case of not what you eat but how much and how often.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Fruit's pretty good at satisfying sweet teeth as well, but it doesn't spike your blood sugar as much. Harkon's right, though. If you're really, really craving a Snicker's bar, eat it. Just don't make it an every day thing. Make sure you're eating right the vast majority of the time and allow yourself to enjoy life every once and awhile. A lot of people suggest the 80/20 principle. If you eat healthy food 80% of the time, not so healthy food can fit in about 20% without feeling too guilty. It's not the food we eat once a week that make us-- it's the food we eat every day.

Heh I know how you feel. Sometimes it's best just to eat it. If you're anything like me, you'll get a craving for it, try to satisfy it with other things and then just end up eating it anyway. Everything in moderation is ok :)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I say...EAT THE SNICKERS BAR...YUMMY! Besides, Snicker bars are suppose to kill the craves and not make us feel guilty. Snickers, Reeses, or whatever, don't ever feel guilty for doing what makes you feel good. However, we shouldn't eat the whole box, and I'm speaking that to myself right now.

GO SNICKERS!!

:P = me drooling

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Snickers bars are very unhealthy. The "full" feeling from the snickers bar is just from too much sugar.

There are many better alternatives for healthy snacking.

If you do eat it, don't eat any other sweets for the rest of the day. :)

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

Snickers bars are very unhealthy. The "full" feeling from the snickers bar is just from too much sugar.

There are many better alternatives for healthy snacking.

If you do eat it, don't eat any other sweets for the rest of the day. :)

Solid post and I wholeheartedly concur with you...I'm just love snickers and I've no will power...I hate myself!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Eat the Snickers bar. Nay, SAVOR the snickers bar. Take each slow bite with deliberation and slowly bite through it, feeling the textures on your teeth. Let the chocolate melt a bit and examine every flavor on the candy bar carefully. Slowly work through the chocolate bar. Smile, take a deep breath, and sigh happily. Then get back to your healthy diet and be extra careful for a while to make up for it, knowing that you just enjoyed the heck out of one (1) not terribly large candy bar and aren't going to be gorging on vaguely snickers-like things for days.

Oh, and do that with all your other food too, on small plates with good seasonings.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

It's roughly 300 calories. Just to burn off what you ate the average person would have to run 6 mph for 20 minutes (10 min mile pace) to burn off those calories alone. Something I keep in mind when I think about splurging on my non cheat meal days.