• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ouch

darksoul

Well I buggered my knee once again. Old injuries always seem to come back, don't they? Anyway, I'm out of training for a month :(

I'm just keeping it relaxed and keeping a sleeve brace on it. Not much else I can do. Any of you guys have bum knees?

Also, sorry I haven't been around. Professional life has gotten the best of me. Stupid jobs and stupid bills :P

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My knees are always sore after class. I've never injured them, though. I feel for you, and hope you get back with it when all healed up.

Job and all that really slows things down, doesn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
My knees are always sore after class. I've never injured them, though. I feel for you, and hope you get back with it when all healed up.

I wish my job was just posting on this forum and talking about martial arts, but noooooo I have to be all sorts of responsible and take care of servers :P

Knee's feeling better. Still swollen. I'll be back in class next Monday.

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

I wish my job was just posting on this forum and talking about martial arts, but noooooo I have to be all sorts of responsible and take care of servers :P

Knee's feeling better. Still swollen. I'll be back in class next Monday.

I hear you there. My dream job would be to teach full time during the day, and KF in the evenings!

If any of you guys live near a Chinatown - see if you can find/or someone recommend an Herbalist - I had problems with my shoulder - Dit Da Jow helped with the pain - but the pain keep coming back - I found a Bone Setter who after 2 treatments got rid of the pain for good. These days I'm trying to learn as much about Healing oneself and others.

• 2 weeks later...
If any of you guys live near a Chinatown - see if you can find/or someone recommend an Herbalist - I had problems with my shoulder - Dit Da Jow helped with the pain - but the pain keep coming back - I found a Bone Setter who after 2 treatments got rid of the pain for good. These days I'm trying to learn as much about Healing oneself and others.

Thanks!

Montréal has a nice sized China town and I'm actually heading down that way today. I'll see if I can find one.

I'm back to training now, but just 1/2 way. Not doing the full week. My knee is getting stronger every week so that good. Now I just need to address my other injuries :P

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

If any joint is sore with no direct injury or reason for it, then take a look at the joints above and below for issues. The location of pain is not always displayed at it's source. For your knees, take a look at your hips and their alignment, not only during MA training, but also daily life. Also your ankles, what are they like? You may need someone to look at you as we can not check ourselves.

Another thing, if the knee is sore then work on strengthening the muscles around the joint. This would be through isolation and compound exercises utilizing the legs. This does not include dynamic/impact exercises experienced in a typical MA class.

I've a bum right knee. You can read a bit about it here...

http://www.karateforums.com/knees-soon-to-be-fixed-vt44400.html

I pray that you don't have to endure any knee surgeries because you'll be laid up for a little bit, which can't be ignored because rehab and the like take time and patience.

You've received some pretty good advice here. I just want to express the importance of seeking out a doctor for proper evaluation, plan, and recovery.

Good luck!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Hope it heals up well and no further injuries occur!

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee