• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A good martial artist

To be a good martial artist has nothing to do with your race,religion,size or even style it has to do with practice and having confidence in your self and having confidence in yourself doesn't mean thinking your the best it simply means having the knowledge that you can accomplish what you set out to do in my opinion that's what it truly takes to be a good martial artist.

"walk on"-Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HiddenDragon and Zaine-

Both solid words.

I would also add "Self-Control". Not just in the physical sense, but mentally, emotionally and spiritually also.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

All are good traits. Being a good representative of your style, an ambassador to it, in a sense, goes a long way.

Knowledge, wisdom, experience, and the ability to apply these things along with the physical aspects of the style all lead to a great Martial Artist.

I bow to each of you who've posted some great attributes!!

Thank you hiddendragon98 for starting this topic/thread!!

It's not the MA that's within us now, but it's the MA that still hasn't been discovered.

:bowofrespect:

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

For me, the mark of a good martial artist is, at the core of everything, being able to engage successfully in combat in the manner in which he has trained.

Yeah, that was about what I was thinking, too.. The ability to communicate the concepts involved to others and have them be effective too helps. If someone were born with a freakish mutant stinger claw that meant they could fight well, they wouldn't be all that much of a martial artist, because there's no artistry involved that can be transferred.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Yeah, that was about what I was thinking, too.. The ability to communicate the concepts involved to others and have them be effective too helps. If someone were born with a freakish mutant stinger claw that meant they could fight well, they wouldn't be all that much of a martial artist, because there's no artistry involved that can be transferred.

For an instructor of the MA, yes, but for MAists who aren't an instructor, no. Imho.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!