• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Appendicitis...

shaolinprincess

How is one to know for sure if they have appendicitis? I recently have been having nausea, then a pain in my lower right abdomen area. I would like to know if there are other possibilities that this could be. Maybe an infection? I don't know. I may go see the doctor, if the pain continues.

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I had an appendectomy when I was in 6th grade and it nearly ruptured because I didn't get to the hospital in time.

You need to get to a doctor ... (but I believe if this was in fact an appendicitis ... it would have ruptured by now!)

Worst thing you can do is take a laxative (causes an immediate rupture of appendix sending toxins throughout the bloodstream)

. My grandmother almost gave me one thinking my stomach pains were from gas ....

I also had an appendectomy when I was 18 years old. I suffered for two days before I went to the hospital. I thought it was gas or food poisoning. The appendix partially ruptured and toxins were in my blood stream. The Doc said I almost died. I had to stay in the hospital for a week and because of the antibotics I broke out with a terrible rash. uhh.

Hurry up and get it checked out.

In search of the Temple of Light

Once I thought I had appendicitis. I was sick for a while, and it turned out my ab muscles just hurt so much because of all the coughing and throwing up I'd been doing. So you might have nothing to worry about, but go get it checked out of course. I can't think of any reason not to.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

I still have all my internal organs - even tonsils. I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Have you been 'regular'?

Kickchick, if this happened to me I'd probably just avoid solids for a day and drink heaps of water and juice. Do you think this could cause a similar rupture? (I've never taken a chemical laxative.)

KarateForums.com - Sempai