• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Supplementary exercises for karate?

Bluedot

Fortunately I have a friend who is a brown belt in Kyokushin and he comes over once a week and I do kata training and sparring with him.

This right here will be incredibly valuable to you. You're fortunate to have this option.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you for all the advice. As for the Tabata style, I'm considering introducing Tabata into the punch bag training as advised since the internet says that any exercise in Tabata style works wonders.

This would be the way to go, for sure. Any time you can do some conditioning work and work that is directly applicable to what you do, then that's bonus. Doing rounds of kicks, punches, and then mixed would good, I think, just depending on what your focus would be.

• 6 months later...

You should also do some supplementary exercise along with martial arts training to maintain good fitness level, improve the body strength, body balances and also bring the flexibility in your body.

I think cardio and yoga workout will be more effective for this purpose.

Edited by Kurt125

I do two sessions in the Gym, cardio and resistance work. And I train a beginner in Karate who lives over the road from us. He's joined our class now and is doing very well.

Look to the far mountain and see all.