• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wha artial Arts style should i take for self defense?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
muay tai has a faster pay off, so a muay tai practitioner of 6 months would beat a Karate practitioner of 6 months, but after that time in Karate you've learned the basic stances, blocks, and attacks so you start working on stuff like arm bars and hip throws and things, so a Karate practitioner of 2 years would have a big advantage over a muay tai practitioner of 2 years, because Karate is a more complete art. So it depends on if you need the art for a short term or long term basis. If you have the time and dedication I would say and Okinawan Karate would be the best style for self-defence. (see sig.)

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

My advice, give it a shot. The best martial art is the one that works for you. If you don't care for it try something else. The way to learn is get out there and train...Let us know what you do. Just remember nothing comes quick! To be successful in any MA takes commitment.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I assume your relatively young?

Take the Muay Thai for the quick return now, IF you HAVE to have a quick return.

There are plenty of choices that you can take up that will allow you to continue training until a much later stage in life. But you've got time to investigate those later. :wink:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

There are many systems that can make you a better fighter Muay Thai being one of them. IF you have an interest in Muay Thai you should definetly explore it. Check out a few schools and sit in on a few classes. Also, make sure you are inline with the head instructor's philosophy.

In search of the Temple of Light

If you have an interest in fighting and self-defense maybe you should just get a gun or something...because there are no quick payoffs...

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."