• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

for kyokushin karatecas(video)

judobrah

I'm not sure why it would be too brutal. Boxing seems to do just fine. They already allow knockouts, so I'm not sure what the difference would be in changing things to an ITF aspect. I think it has more to do with politics than much anything else.

Oh I agree politics is definitely the major factor; having the Olympics in Seoul (vs the North) did a lot for WTF TKD in getting it in the Olympics in the first place. And politics is a major barrier to any significant change. Maybe "brutal" was the wrong word and that was a stupid comment but it's what ITF-ers like to say :P. I don't imagine it'll change any time soon due to politics and under current rules it is very difficult for ITF fighters to have any success without drastically toning down what they do. IMO the only change that might ever happen would be to make it open to non-WTF fighters but even then, the ruleset drastically limits other fighters. WRT to my comment, I was talking about the lack of strikes: ITFers can use ridgehands, backfists etc. face punches, lack of body protector/headguard.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In my mind, DWx, everything you said ITF does, WTF style needs to make it fun to watch again. Maybe rework the rules system, and set up a system that scores more advanced kicking techniques higher if they hit, but still allows hand strikes to score and be worked into the strategies is what they need.

I don't know, but I find this (full contact standup karate) soooo much more epic than MMA fights.

i couldnt agree more,i hope one day i will get to compete in knockdown karate

there are still good figthers with a karate backround in mma(like gsp,lyoto machida e.t.c),but whe dont see karate being that used,even too its proven it can be very effective :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it wouldn't ruin kyokushin karate, but it would cause many new dojos to be ran with those Olympic style rules to be ran IE not learning proper kyokushin karate.

Hard work, and a good spar with a martial artist of greater skill than mine.

Yeah, it wouldn't ruin kyokushin karate, but it would cause many new dojos to be ran with those Olympic style rules to be ran IE not learning proper kyokushin karate.
I don't think that is necessarily true. It would be up to the NGBs of the style to control everything there.

• 1 year later...
thats nice,i saw some old videos of mas oyama karate camp

here it is

i wish i knowed were part 1 is trough

there are a lot of good videos in yotube of old kyokushin karatecas training,and showing clips from the old times,some of them are something else for shure

enjoy man,cheers

That's pretty nice video ... first time to see it. Thanks for sharing it :)

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.