• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training so hard you puke

DWx

Sorry for the title..

Anyone ever been to Merthyr Mawr?

Went to Wales this weekend to go training with one of the other schools in my org and we went hill sprinting. Apart from it was up sand dunes. Almost vertical sand dunes. :(

Hill sprints are a killer anyway but in sand you have no traction and slide back down every step! There's this one they call "the big dipper" and yep it's big! Bad enough just trying to walk up it let alone sprint. Needless to say after the 4th one, I got to the top and puked :blush: Have never ever felt that bad before.

Please share some stories of when you've trained really hard you've passed out or whatever to make me feel better :P

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have puked twice during training, both were during belt testings. This seems to be a common occurance with our little group however.

The last time was during my test for my 3rd brown belt stripe. Tallgeese directly contributed to this by constantly grinding me into the mat and occasionally choking the daylights out of me.

I've puked during a test, I've puked just after training, I've puked 30mins after training while driving home (had to pull over, hurl, then got back in the car and drove home)

Yeah... it happens. :)

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

Was the first time for me. Have never had that happen before. Been bad enough that I literally couldn't stand before but never had to throw up before. Felt immediately better afterwards and we went on a 10K run across the dunes..

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Was the first time for me. Have never had that happen before. Been bad enough that I literally couldn't stand before but never had to throw up before. Felt immediately better afterwards and we went on a 10K run across the dunes..

Yep. You'll feel great after. Just not pleasant before and during :P

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

Been there as well. Does it happen, sure, but I also agree it should not be a routine occurrence. It should certainly never be a goal of a workout.

Been there as well. Does it happen, sure, but I also agree it should not be a routine occurrence. It should certainly never be a goal of a workout.
That's kind of what I was thinking. I try not to get that far into it. I can't think of a time when I trained until I puked, but there have been a few times I thought I was on the verge of doing so. I made sure to stop then.