• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

why do you all train?

muttley

It's better than the alternative. Honestly it's my drug. I love every minute of my training weather it bjj, or my Kenpo. If I don't train I get very irritable and can't find ways to pass my time. Plus it like the feel of being in danger be it fighting off a choke, joint lock, or fending off punches and kicks. I know I'm not right.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons i train is that it gives me the opportunity to clear my mind of all lifes tresses.I can switch off for those couple of hours a week.

I always feel relaxed after training, no matter how hard it has been.

I train, because it gives me peace. I have a stressful life and practicing my Martial Arts gives me freedom from everything outside the dojo, even for just a few hours.

When I teach, I feel so proud of my students, seeing the pride in their faces when they work up the grades etc and when I praise them for things done well

Good thread, OSU

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• 3 weeks later...

I had trouble with the left shoulder. I had severe pain like I had arthritis. I could not use my left hand while I was in the shower. I had a bad pain in my neck, I used to spend 14 hours at the computer.

Practicing karate for 5 months and regained my shoulder and arm to normal. When I sit down I have no pain in the neck. Hand techniques Uchi Uke and Soto Uke helped me the most, these two techniques are afflicted me most in nerve. I have test for yellow belt next week :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I train because I've always wanted to be a martial artist. I didn't start taking Tang Soo Do until a little over a year ago. The main reason I train though is because of my past experiences with bullies. At the same time I joined my dojo, I transferred school districts. I have to say that joining a martial arts dojo was the best thing I did. I train 5 to 6 days a week at the dojo.

Tang Soo Do - Red Belt (2nd GUP)

Calmness of Mind, Firmness of Body and Freedom of Spirit.

enough said ^^

Well I need it as a compensation for working (I'm a software engineer) so that I also do something with my body

Then for my mind and spirit and well I just need it. I hate the feeling I get when I as can't train for a while. It's just a part of my life :)

Cheers

T3chnopsycho

1st Dan:

It's not the top but just the point where you start to understand the true size of what you're doing.

I originally started training so Zordon would pick me to be the next Power Ranger (the orange ranger).

Fast forward 18 years and my motives have changed a bit (though that'd still be cool...). I train now mostly to give myself the mental and physical challenge. I love learning and developing new skills and this gives me a perfect outlet for that. It also gives me something to look forward to after work where I can socialize and bond in a recreational setting (something that's sorely lacking for most people once they hit adulthood). And now that I'm advancing a bit more and helping out with the kids' classes, a new motivation is beginning to develop where I want to learn enough to be able to teach in a few years and pass it on.