• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fitness help

hurns92

Look at whether you intend over time becoming a karateka that lifts weights or a weight lifter that practices karate!. The point im making is that after a heavy legs days Im often so sore that I cant properly train Karate..so the two aren't always compatible.

Please keep in mind tho that this is just a snippet answer, a lot will depend on how often you train, how many times a day, your recovery etc etc

The day I believe I have no more to learn is the day I will hang my head in shame at my own arrogance.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you can fit your leg days along with your Karate days, then the next day will be good recovery. But, you will likely feel more fatigued during class.

If you can fit your leg days along with your Karate days, then the next day will be good recovery. But, you will likely feel more fatigued during class.

Sir is there any kind of medicine to stay away from this fatigue or shall we practice yoga to remain fit and fine. Waiting for the good suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Until this year, I had only ever done bodyweight exercises for strength. Starting in January of this year, I began a powerlifting routine and, although I haven't been 100% consistent, I have definitely seen results. I also haven't gotten slower, although my endurance has gone downhill a bit. I lift every time I go to the dojo (we have an Olympic weight set), and I stick to compound lifts as much as possible. Squats, overhead press, bench press, barbell row, and deadlift are my primary lifts, although sometimes I mix it up a bit. I also still do pull-ups and dips, and I should probably be doing more push-ups.

@ Howard: Greatly increasing your high-protein caloric intake and the amount of sleep you get will go a long way toward improving your recovery after heavy lifting. There are supplements, such as BCAA's and glutamine, that are intended to assist recovery, but those things are in high-protein foods as it is. If you have trouble sleeping, taking a melatonin supplement can help, and I have heard good things about a supplement called Blackout, but you have to be careful about finding the appropriate dosage for yourself. Be sure to check with your doctor before taking any supplements, of course.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Sir is there any kind of medicine to stay away from this fatigue or shall we practice yoga to remain fit and fine. Waiting for the good suggestion. Thanks in advance.

No medicine I can think of. Stay hydrated, and perhaps hit a protein bar or shake between the two workouts. Keep the energy levels up.