• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should I Wear A Cup Sparring?

Naked Snake

We don't wear them in sparring unless its at a competition. The problem is where do you draw the line with padding????

Mouth guard? Essential unless you want to spend a lot of money at the dentist. Not enforced everywhere.

Gloves, foot pads, Sure. fairly normal.

Head guards? Yes but not all styles enforce it? Concussion is very bad.

Body armour? Cracked ribs, ruptured spleens are all serious do we all wear body armour?

What about knee protection........ the list goes on. We do an activity which at its base level teaches you to strike another human being. There will ALWAYS be a inherent risk doing so.

Be as safe as you feel you need to be!

That which does not kill us, must have missed us.

- Miowara Tomoka

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wear a cup for the entire lesson.

At a recent tournament I got nailed in the groin but thanks to my cup, I didnt feel a thing...of course that wasn't a child.

I would also add that for opponents with less control, a cup is even more warranted.

train hard!

Wear your cup. You won't be sorry.

If you don't, well, you'll be sorry and wish you had.

:)

EDITS: Spelling and fixing the quote box.

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

there are a couple of students that wear them irregardless of where they are and what they do.

The rest of us wear a cup for kumite only. But if you choose not to wear it then your own fault for not protecting your "junk". In tournaments in Australia it is strongly recommended that you do wear one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ever since I started I was told to wear a cup to every single class, no matter what, we never know what type of drills or sparing we willl be doing that class, and I would hate to forget my cup on a sparing day, I've seen some kids do that, not fun for them.

also I like to wear one cuz of younger newer kids they aim so low, and they hit right to the groin but I don't mind cuz I have a cup on.

Then the other thing is a lot of people when they r doing techniques on me always kick my groin but miss on purpose but if they train to miss they will miss in the street but I just aim right for there no matter what!