• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time I wore a "Daniel-san" Head band the whole class as a joke. I thought about talking like they do on kung fu movies, but we had two Asian girls in the class and I didn't want to be disrespectful.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

• 2 weeks later...

BONK ON THE HEAD! LOL! THAT IS HILARIOUS! :lol: :lol: :lol: Could you just picture that? I keep getting a little cartoon image of this white belt kid with massive/cute eyes like Tweety(looney tunes) holding the stick with a big smile on his face! LMAO! That would be GREAT!

HAHA! ^_^

I can't help but think Monkey Girl makes the best funny posts on this forum. :lol:

Anyway, what you must do is when you're a black belt or an extremely high belt is stand in your waiting stance (We call it hegadachi. Forgive the spelling and the fact that I'm writing this in lamen's terms it's just I don't get what you lot are talking about half the time so just in case you don't know what I'm talking about...)

Anyway, so from hegadachi the instructor tells you what to do. E.G, step forwards into front stance downward block (zehnqutscadachi, gedan barai uchi) and then he normally waits you wait for a few seconds. We he shouts HASHUMI! (Or whatever it is. What means go :wink: ) You must simply stand in hegadachi and shout "BLESS YOU!" :wink: Then look around quick, noticing that everyone else has moved. Copy their position and look innocently at your instructor. Do this a few times and eventually. :kaioken: BOOM. It should work :wink:

Also, to make it more effective what you should do is when you're a high belt and obviously know the basics well you must change your Kia to the actual word "Kia" lol. That should annoy him.

Oh and when you're sparring (in karate only :wink: ) when he says Hashumi you must keep full eye contact with your partner, keep an extremely straight face looking very serious and then just slowly go into the crane stance(just don't forget to say bless you to the instructor first :wink: ). That would be great.

HAHAHA! BONK ON THE HEAD! LMAO! I NEED TO DRAW A PICTURE ON THAT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everybodies Going Kung Fu Fighting! Yah Hoocha! LMAO

Oh forgot to mention add lots of bruce lee sounds to all of your moves or if you've played DOA2 then Jann Lee or Law from Tekken.

Also you've got to fall on the floor on purpose and when the instructor says "are you ok!?" You must reply I'm ok! I'm ok!! Then you have to keep trying to perform the kip-up but failing! :wink: (It's the move on all the martial art films when he brings their legs into their body, puts their arms behind their shoulders, kick up and push off then land on their feet. You gotta know what I'm talking about :wink: )

Everybodies Going Kung Fu Fighting! Yah Hoocha! LMAO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I like the idea of incorporating a dance move into your kata or kumite.

Imagine you do a three step kumite and after the second attack (you attack) you do that mascot walk from naked gun (Leslie Nielsen did in the first movie at the baseball game). LOOOOL and then of course continue attacking like nothing has happend. I guarantee that you'll score a point.

:o imagine everyone's faces.

1.st kyu Shotokan Karate

1.st dan Aikido

I once went through an entire class 'quack'-ing instead of doing a proper kiyap. "Ducks can't kick or punch! They have no hands!" "That's why my patterns are so poor tonight, sir! Ducks can't practice what they can't do!" I would have gotten in trouble if it' weren't the adult class, and there were only five of us there that night.

I was in a strange mood while doing kata one day. There was this one spinning move in it. I did the move while yelling "WOOH". It was only taken with a few laughs - after all, I was the most intense practitioner there.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Goto training with a bare chest, wearing your belt around your head and whatever your instructor tells you, follow it up with a flying side kick whilst screaming. Perform rolls instead of steps between moves in your form, so lowblock, step punch becomes lowblock flying screaming sidekick, roll, punch screaming sidekick.

EDIT: Meh. Tried to make an animation of ^^^. Couldn't even manage the Ha Dan Mahk Ki (low block). Erm... :idea: scream whilst frontkicking or roundhousing. ^_^'

I'm a big boy now http://www.acbr24807.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/avatars/magic_smiley.gif.

Critasize(sp?), edit or chuck em as your avatar. I don't care. If ya like em, PM me a request. Look at me, I'm getting all hopeful. Bless

Edited by Mc. Steve

World famour for idiotography

6th Kyu Wado Ryu

5th Gup Tang Soo Do

1st Dan Origami

I once went through an entire class 'quack'-ing instead of doing a proper kiyap. "Ducks can't kick or punch! They have no hands!" "That's why my patterns are so poor tonight, sir! Ducks can't practice what they can't do!" I would have gotten in trouble if it' weren't the adult class, and there were only five of us there that night.

Aren't you the odd one. I fail to believe that a sane, normal human being would do that. I think you're pulling my leg.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."