• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to get demoted...on purpose!

monkeygirl

Are you from a relaxed dojo? Can you do stupid things and get nothing more than a funny look?

Well so am I! Lately, I've been wondering what exactly it would take (apart from downright disrespectfulness) to lose a belt...

Like taking a bo and lightly tapping your instructor on the head with it, saying "bonk on the head!" and running away...?

What would you do??

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like taking a bo and lightly tapping your instructor on the head with it, saying "bonk on the head!" and running away...?

OMG I don't think even a 4 year old would get away with this. I like my sensei alot but we definity do not have this kinda of relationship. And how is this not disrespectful?

My sensei has taken belts away for short periods of time and returned them later. The most common thing is if you leave your belt at the dojo by accident. Don't expect to get it back for at least a couple of months (may only be weeks depending on what rank you are :) ). It shows complete irresonsibilty.

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

by disrespectful i meant coming up to your instructor and screaming at him....

Bascially I'm looking for goofy things, not mean.

Remember folks, this is humor ;)

Every once in a while (Not intentionally) I have a stupid grin on my face whilst we are all reciting the student oath, this in general gets the instructor going with an bigger grin than mine which in turn sets the rest of the class off giggling with tears of laughter streaming down their faces. We (my instructor and I) try to avoid eye contact at all costs whilst reciting the student oath. :)

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

I have had this happen to me before....yes the best possible solution is to refrain from eye contact with anyone during the creed! :lol: