• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

will somebody please help me?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Common mistakes include trying to sweep from too flat a position, and trying to sweep before breaking their base.

Avoid being flat on your back. Most sweeps require getting on 1 hip.

Think of their base as being like a table. A table will fall toward a missing leg, so either take away a table leg or feel one missing, then sweep toward it.

Hope this helps.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Without seeing specifically what you're doing in those spots, or knowing precisely your grappling background, it's going to be tough to get real tight answers. However, MP starts off with some good general advice. Being too flat is a very common problem.

Of the couple of other points that come up, one is said over and over again, but it deserves repeating again, is just don't get there. Specifically here to your mount problem. The easiest escape is to not be in a bad position to start with. Attention to fundamentals and position will provide an ounce of prevention kind of thing. It's hard, I mean really hard, to get a good player off of mount without exposing all kinds of attacks to him.

If you are down there, space is your friend and will help you recompose guard. The ump is your friend for this, as is shrimping. Be excellent at both, your knees will come back in far better this way.

As for the guard, make sure the tactic you're working is one that matches up with his posture. You'll use different movements against a high posture vs. a low posture vs. that in between phase. A common mistake is to force fit a tactic that isn't optimal for the posture. Your coach can help you sort this out.

If you're having specific problems, a description of video of you might help us get better at feedback.