• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Abdominals

Kodakmint

Well stay away from pyridoxine and tocopherol, that's dangerous stuff.

Sorry but why do you say that? They're just the proper chemical names for vitamin B6 and vitamin E. They naturally occur in loads of things: grains, oils, nuts, meat and fish etc. If you didn't consume them you'd become ill.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well stay away from pyridoxine and tocopherol, that's dangerous stuff.

Sorry but why do you say that? They're just the proper chemical names for vitamin B6 and vitamin E. They naturally occur in loads of things: grains, oils, nuts, meat and fish etc. If you didn't consume them you'd become ill.

Yes, I know. It was a joke.

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)

^ oh ok sorry, you never know though some people do see a name like that and think they should stay well away!

^ oh ok sorry, you never know though some people do see a name like that and think they should stay well away!

Yes, kind of the point of the joke. I must say that one of the most dangerous chemicals out there is DHMO or Dihydrogen Monoxide. Pure poison:

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html#FACTS

And it can be found in many, many foods.

Matsubayashi Ryu

Pbbt.

Seriously, it isn't the fact that "there are MYSTERIOUS CHEMICALS in our food zomg!" that is the problem, so much as it is the fact that what we think of as "food" has raced so far afield into the realms of "lots of chemicals" and foods produced under disturbing conditions that the composition of our diet as a whole has changed substantially into a form that makes the American diet the least healthy diet in the world as a whole, measured in a variety of different ways. We have worse outcomes from our food than people in the third world, or in exotic places with oddly limited food selections.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Pbbt.

Seriously, it isn't the fact that "there are MYSTERIOUS CHEMICALS in our food zomg!" that is the problem, so much as it is the fact that what we think of as "food" has raced so far afield into the realms of "lots of chemicals" and foods produced under disturbing conditions that the composition of our diet as a whole has changed substantially into a form that makes the American diet the least healthy diet in the world as a whole, measured in a variety of different ways. We have worse outcomes from our food than people in the third world, or in exotic places with oddly limited food selections.

Personally I feel the biggest issue is simple carbs and excess level of fat in food. There are theories that artificial sweeteners can create weight gain and I am sure there may be other chemical compounds that could potentially cause weight gain. But at the end of the day, it is most important to make sure you are running at a caloric deficit when trying to lose weight and a caloric surplus when you are trying to put it on. I challenge anyone to go 500 calories below their maintenance number for a month and not lose weight. This should bring you down 4lbs. Now think of how long it is going to take to lose that beer gut.

Matsubayashi Ryu

Pbbt.

Personally I feel the biggest issue is simple carbs and excess level of fat in food. There are theories that artificial sweeteners can create weight gain and I am sure there may be other chemical compounds that could potentially cause weight gain. But at the end of the day, it is most important to make sure you are running at a caloric deficit when trying to lose weight and a caloric surplus when you are trying to put it on. I challenge anyone to go 500 calories below their maintenance number for a month and not lose weight. This should bring you down 4lbs. Now think of how long it is going to take to lose that beer gut.

^this. Its a balancing act. Reduce calories or increase energy output (through exercise) and the scales tip resulting in weight loss.

Yes, kind of the point of the joke. I must say that one of the most dangerous chemicals out there is DHMO or Dihydrogen Monoxide. Pure poison:

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html#FACTS

And it can be found in many, many foods.

Heh I just didn't know whether you were someone who believed in stuff like vitamin B giving you brain cancer or something.

Heh, challenge accepted, and already failed (by that I mean it did not work.) I have PCOS, and it is far, far, FAR more complicated for me than that, believe you me.

For someone who has a body that is not prone to easily gaining weight and not taking weight off, and that has no medical conditions, it probably works fine. Most of those people, however, only become overweight (if the ever do) from eating a terrible diet in the first place.

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

Heh, challenge accepted, and already failed (by that I mean it did not work.) I have PCOS, and it is far, far, FAR more complicated for me than that, believe you me.

For someone who has a body that is not prone to easily gaining weight and not taking weight off, and that has no medical conditions, it probably works fine. Most of those people, however, only become overweight (if the ever do) from eating a terrible diet in the first place.

You can lose weight on twinkies:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Sorry to hear about your PCOS. Obviously things that screw up your hormones are outside of the discussion at hand. That said, even with hormonal issues, the majority of people (not saying you) will lie to themselves about how many calories they are actually eating or get their maintenance numbers wrong by such things as overestimating their caloric expenditure through exercise, etc.

Matsubayashi Ryu

The other issue in this is that a lot of the "food" that is available to us these days is ludicrously calorie dense. in the current agricultural climate, it makes sense to increase the use of high-fructose corn syrup (sugar) as a cost-saving filler, resulting in lots of empty calories that fail to bring satiety.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia