Kodakmint

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardio, less carbs and fried foods, a few minutes daily of ab exercise. Mostly cardio and a clean diet.

Not that I do those things, but that's how it's done.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

I am not a dietician, but this is my view. Cutting calories far enough below what you need to maintain, but not far enough to freak out your body. Figure out what your maintenance calories are and eat 500 calories less per day. You should loose on average a pound a week. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

I shredded about 60lbs of fat this way. It is all about food intake vs. calories burned. You can get fat on broccoli and bananas. Exercise, especially weight training will help increase the calories you burn, but if you are eating more than you are burning...

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)

There is no way to spot lose fat. What I mean is, you can in no way tell your body "loe fat from my belly, not my thighs" or anything like that.

Calories burned versus calories consumed works for some people but does not work for others. For some, it's way more complicated.

Some people lose weight going low carbohydrate, high protein and fat. Some lose weight by steaming everything. Lots of different metabolisms and body types and hormone balances, etc etc etc.

Generally, avoiding much sugar and starch and uber processed stuff is a good idea for anyone.

Working out a lot, and working out smart, helps.

Adding muscle does help the fat burn faster.

For STRONGER abs, planks are great. I do crunches too. :}

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

To lose weight you've got to create a calorie deficiency so you're burning more than you're consuming. Simple as that. How you go about it depends on you.

Easiest thing to do at the start is cut out the junk: no soda, no greasy burger on a Friday night. Then you need to look at replacing or reducing the rest your food. If portion control is an issue, buy smaller plates so it looks like you're eating more. Steam instead of fry.

Try http://www.loseit.com Works out roughly how many calories you should be eating each day and allows you to track what you're eating. Also has both iphone and android apps.

Loads of great ab exercises you can do, just google "ab workouts" or something along those lines. Exercises like situps, plank, side plank, russian twists, v-sits etc

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Buy small plates, give up soda (even diet soda), avoid any food that has some form of sugar as one of the first two ingredients, and try not to eat things with ingredients that sound like it came from a chemical supply company.

To get a "6 pack" you have to get your body fat percentage below a certain point; that's it.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

As mentioned, calories in vs calories out! Slightly reduce the calories in, and watch for the bad foods. We all know what they are and still eat them... A couple of web sites have already been mentinoed, check them out. Also, increase your calories out, increase your workout regime. Be it cardio or weight training, you need a good mix of both. Remember weight training has more long lasting effects on weight management, so do a little more weight training then cardio. Ab exercises are good, but have no direct bearing on your belly fat, a good all around program that hits the complete body with a variety of exercises including compound exercise and since your into MA add come plyo's as well.

It isn't -entirely- calories in, calories out. If you're eating good food, it's calories in calories out for the most part. But we don't eat good food, we eat stuff out of a chemical warehouse that can throw things off in various ways. Get to where you are eating actual food that your great-grandparents could read the ingredients of and understand first.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

It isn't -entirely- calories in, calories out. If you're eating good food, it's calories in calories out for the most part. But we don't eat good food, we eat stuff out of a chemical warehouse that can throw things off in various ways. Get to where you are eating actual food that your great-grandparents could read the ingredients of and understand first.

I agree with this to an extent but don't disregard everything because it has a chemical name on the ingredients. Know what the additive actually is as often it is something that naturally occurs in your food anyway.

For example, one of the one's that irritates me is people staying well away from vanillin yet happily eating something which declares it uses real vanilla extract... well er they're exactly the same thing!

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I agree with this to an extent but don't disregard everything because it has a chemical name on the ingredients. Know what the additive actually is as often it is something that naturally occurs in your food anyway.

For example, one of the one's that irritates me is people staying well away from vanillin yet happily eating something which declares it uses real vanilla extract... well er they're exactly the same thing!

Well stay away from pyridoxine and tocopherol, that's dangerous stuff.

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)