• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wear glasses while training

I have to wear both, but I figure im either going to take them off or not be given time to put in contacts if it were a street situation.

Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way !

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wear glasses and this has been a worry for me. The full chaos of Jui Kumite could be a problem. I might invest in some sports glasses.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Many students wears them... It's fine.

Just need to remove them before doing jump falls,rolls or close combat.

Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.

Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.

• 2 months later...

I wear my glasses to Karate. Got them knocked off during Kumite once, but other than that I haven't had a problem. Now that I've started Judo, though, I'm starting to see problems. I have to keep running over to the side of the mat to take them off and put them back on between watching demonstrations and trying stuff. It takes forever, but I literally can't see two feet in front of me without them. Even some techniques I have trouble with, like when my instructor got on his hands and knees and was having us try to turn him over and was telling me to grab a certain point over his elbow and even though i was so close to him I was touching him, I couldn't see his elbow.

I'm probably gonna to make an appointment soon to get fitted for contacts. I wore them in high school and my eyes did fine with them but I stopped wearing them because my parents told me I'd have to start paying for them myself and a month's supply was about twice as expensive then as it is now. Plus I like my glasses. They slim down my round face and take focus off the fact that I've got tiny eyes and a big nose. But I think contacts would be much better at least for martial arts. I can still wear my glasses the rest of the time.