• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Im starting College? What did others go for if you went?

BlueDragon1981

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaf,

You may want to look into a Mechanical Eng program instead. It's more diversified than a strict Areospace Eng degree, which means you are more marketable in case you can't land a job in that industry (you never know). In addtion, you can specialize in a certain fields within the BSME. I'm not saying you shouldn't pursue your intrests, but just make sure you realize what each kind of degree will get you in the job market. Look in the help wanted sections to get a better idea. I've been thru this whole scenario before. I started in electronics, then switched to Industrial Eng because it was a little more diversified. Unfortunately, I got roped into a career of Quality Assurance and have turned into a brain-dead paper shuffler. End of story.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

The FBI field usually likes you to have a BA degree in Law or Criminal Justice. It can be any four year degree however. Like if it was computer science and you decided you wanted to be a cop then you would take your civil service test. Hope you score high. They take people who score high. Also they like their agents to either have been in the Police force or the Military for at least a small amout of time. So the route you take is up to you. But know that it is going to be a lot of work.

O.k. Steve, you're starting to creep me out. I've been in the Quality field since I graduated. Chief Chemist of the QC/QA lab now, along with lead auditor of ISO9000 and a host of other duties.

With our plant shutting down in December, I'll be moving out to corporate, and into the environmental field to broaden my base. Finally, I'm free of the Quality nightmare!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

ISO9000 - we get a lot of that in the council. Apparantly I follow the guidelines to a tee. I now just have to find out what the guidelines are. :D j/k

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

I am still in high school in the UK and am onto my last year - unless i stay in for sixth form education which i am not sure of yet.

At the moment my interests are english lit and lang and also IT and design.

I hope to go to university to study computer science and law, both areas interest me - and in college i wish to do english lit and lang A levels and also a graphic design course.

If anyone here goes to a college in the UK i would be happy if they could explain what life is like in college after high school.

thanks

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

• 2 weeks later...

I attended Lethbridge Community College, where I sometimes attended class. Most of the time I was drunk or hung over...it switched depending on the time of day.

I quickly realized that Renewable Resource Management was not the course for me and hung around the school until the Dean planted her cloven hoof to my arse and booted me out.....

• 3 weeks later...
::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.