• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cleanliness in the dojo.

GeoGiant

That stinks, probably literally.

I've very rarely run into anyone in BJJ circles who does not wash their gi each time they use it. The couple I have run across usually end up sitting along side the mat during roll time. No one touches those guys.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If ones not up on ones hygiene, then one can't train anywhere near my students and/or me. Cleanliness is high on the dojo kun.

That's why my students clean a lot from morning to close. I'm very OCD when it comes to cleanliness, and I freak out whenever I witness any disregards to what's expected of them...ESPECIALLY ON THE FLOOR...that area is my sanctuary.

Students have plenty of cleaning and sanitizing supplies to address any and all situations across the board.

A dirty gi...better go home and clean your gi before you come back tomorrow, but for today, you're not welcomed.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks, a lot of good replies.

Its odd how people's perceptions on this topic are different. I'm guessing that someone that is "sometimes unhygienic" would never explain their reasoning.

Just this week i was asked to warm up two new students for a mma class. One of these guys, who was maybe 20 years old, started to stink immediately. I'm assuming that this guy doesn't / didn't wear deodorant. I wasn't teaching the class and I wasnt working with this guy so I just ignored it and figured I'd let the instructor deal with it. Probably a wimp move on my part but I have to oversee enough people with my job, the dojo is supposed to be my sanctuary - no politics, no stress, no management others.

• 11 months later...