• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Weight lifting and boxing

bob

I just get so mad when people (puppets/sheep(aka followers who can't think for theirselves)) think that lifting weights will slow down your speed. That's total crap! Sure in some cases it is...but it's that persons own fault for losing their speed. It's not the weight training that does it.

Keep up with the stretching, lot's of shadow boxing, pad and bag drills, focusing on speed (after technique of course...and for the more experianced...even foregoing it at times).

Yes! I'm speaking from experiance. There are many big people at our gym who are way faster than the smaller guys/girls.

There's always gonna be someone who is smaller that is faster....or someone who is bigger that is going to be faster. It all depends on that person and the way they train.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why is someone a sheep puppet just because they don't believe in weight training. I have a good physique, muscle speed and power all built using my own bodyweight. I use many different pressups, chin ups pull ups sit ups hindu squats hindu push ups.

I would bet money that because I am training my muscles in the same way as I want to use them I will punch faster and even harder than any weight lifter, and so far in my experience I do.

pete,

The superior man is modest in his speech, but excels in his actions.

Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Crosstraining in bjj/silat/muaythai/jkd/JJJ/kickboxing

I got no problem with guys weight lifting, just a path I don't follow. I'm not a sheep or a puppet I have a better physique than 80-90 % of martial artists I know though.

pete,

The superior man is modest in his speech, but excels in his actions.

Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Crosstraining in bjj/silat/muaythai/jkd/JJJ/kickboxing

• 2 weeks later...