• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cosmetic Surgery

KickChick

If you could have cosmetic surgery done to one part of your body which would it be?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. If you could have cosmetic surgery done to one part of your body which would it be?

• Face
    • Chest
    • Butt
    • Stomach
    • None ... wouldn't even consider it!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No!

Personally I think cosmetic surgery is pointless. There is nothing that you can't achieve with a bit of effort and hard work. The modern world is so excited about being able to do things and make improvements without any sweat or dedication, it annoys me. Like those abdominal machines, tummy tucks, liposuction. People talk about getting liposuction but don't even consider just getting off their couches and going for a jog and eating right? How pointless. You can get the body you want with some effort.

The only exception being about the face - you can't really exercise it to be how you want it to look. Still, I would recomend getting used to the way you look and accepting it and moving on to feel good about yourself.

If this rambled I'm sorry - I typed that all in under two minutes.

..and a deep breath.. :o

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

I agree with Jack, cosmetic surgery for vanities sake is pointless. I personally would not want implanted abs, pecs or anything else for that matter. It means more to me to know that through hard work and dedication I have achieved a goal. Not to mention that I have never liked the idea of surgery period let alone volunteering for it. :lol:

"Do not assume I share your prejudices"

I agree with jack and metalhead, you have to be happy with what you got :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Cosmetic surgery..bah! (how do i vote btw?). I think that people who care about vanity so much as to pay a huge amount of money AND go under the knife will be doubly miserable when they get old and ugly and fat anyho.

And am I the only one here who thinks that the idea of getting implanted abs (or any other muscle or, uhh, cleavage) is kinda...grose? I mean those muscles in your gut arent even yours for Gods sake!! ewwww..

Feel the 'Putt Jattan De' power!!

*Truth is highest, but Truthful living is higher still*

I've had cosmetic surgery (well dentistry really). I had one of my teethe punched out. Got a [edit: Sorry erm nasty] punch in the mouth my gum went all black and my tooth fell out. Anyway my front teeth started to spread out and i looked a bit goofy :brow: so my mum dragged me down to the orthadontist (orthadentist? anyway...).. I had 3 more teeth remove and braces put on my teeth, no sparring for 18months (I never did regain my fighting edge)

Anyway cosmetic cos i never really needed it but i look better for it :D :D

I wouldn't say I was insecure. You can get implant anything now!! :o

Bretty :D :D :D

interesting

you all sound so disgusted, but i don't think i ever saw a guy look the other way from a pair of obviously fake boobs :)

now, whether i'd be willing to go through surgery so a passerby can drool over my cleavage, that's a different problem... :D

on the same topic however, many people get surgery simply because it helps them in their careers/ social life

i would estimate at least half the strippers in LA have had boob jobs

and it's a bigger tits/ bigger tips equation

also, i think you're being a bit too rough on people that do have liposuctions, butt implants and whatnot

yes, many of those problems could be addressed with exercise and better diet, but there's also the psychological aspect to it

it can be hard and disheartening for some to try to stick to eating right or doing serious physical effort

people are weak and vulnerable, and sometimes surgery does help them feel better about themselves

things aren't quite as black and white as most of you present them

but yes, i would sooner send a friend to the gym, or to a therapist if need be, than to the operating table :)