• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial arts 30% classroom, 70% solo training

xo-karate

What kind of solo training you do most often?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of solo training you do most often?

• Physical training - strentgh, stretching, jogging?
    • Solo technical training - drills, katas, heavybag?
    • Meditation?
    • Learning - reading? (History - philosophy - strategy...)
    • Something else

This is taken from a slogan and my question is what kind of solo traning do you do?

Physical training - strentgh, stretching, jogging?

Solo technical training - drills, katas, heavybag?

Meditation?

Learning - reading? (History - philosophy - strategy...)

I do all, but skipping meditation. Unless long static stretching is counted as meditation.

(I am trying out the Poll. At first did not understand that you can choose only one option as a vote. Please answer:)

Edited by xo-karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great topic!!

I couldn't answer the poll question because I do all listed equally during my solo training, and that's because the way we were trained is the way I train; a lot of everything so as I don't become unbalanced in my training. Favoring one over another causes a flaw that's too easily detected by my opponent, imho.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I picked physical training. Its not all I do, I do all the rest too but I tend to spend more time doing that kind of stuff. Class time isn't long enough to do serious conditioning and I'd rather go to a lesson and learn things instead of spending the time running and doing push ups.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I voted physical because my workout time dominates my own time. However, I think the readying/studying category is actually a close second. I enjoy reading about the arts. Still, not so much on technique, but more on history and strategy.

Poll would be nicer, if you could rank from 5 - 1 or something. Or atleast make multible selections.

I have not voted my self. I use most of my time surfing internet and reading, but for physical exercises I use most of my "energy". Ranking criteria differs from person to person - but that might not matter as I question implies that everyone answers what they feel is important.

As a test for a poll - questions need to be set up properly:-)

I can't lie. This topic makes me blush a little. You guys flatter me.

What I mean by this is all of those things you listed. For me Martial Arts isn't just physical, it's mental and a strong mind is a strong body is a key concept for me in every aspect of life, not just martial arts. For a person to be a good martial artist they should study in every way that they can possibly imagine for me.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/