KickChick

Are you happy with your height?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your height?

• No I'm too tall
    • No I'm too short
    • Yes, I'm happy with my height

Well, I'm 25 and 5'2" and I HATE BEING SO SHORT!! grrrr :kaioken: :kaioken:

It's all very well for you tall people to be happy with your height, but you all can reach things from off the top shelf in the supermarket and go to concerts and stuff and be able to see! :P

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm 15 and about 5'6". I stay up till 3am and wake up at 3pm, so maybe thats why i'm like this. I would like to be 5'10", and I would be 100% satisfied. I wouldnt want to be TOO tall.

"Give me back my sandals or i'm keeping your nephew's hamster..."- Bruce Lee

I am quite happy with my hieght, I am 14 and I am 5'6".

I am not to terribly tall, But I can hang with the big boys, and Often win.

I don't see the big deal with being tall or short.

Sure, if you are short girls will turn you down in your teen years, but that will change. Beleive me I am already seeing the change, and it is about time.

Would I want to be any taller? Maybe 5'8", but I don't want six foot.

Some of you are probably asking, " WELL WHY NOT! "... I have been asked that by several people. And to me it is a bit controversial so I will not go into it on detail, but I have been doing research for three years on the dynamics, and physics of fighting and discovered the little guy has a rather large edge.

Now as for reaching the top shelf. We are all martial artist here, We had to have done a jump side kick or nightmare or butterfly kick at some point! Wich requires Jumping. So jump for the top shelf, No problems.

And as for concerts, again we are martial artist... AKA Jack be nimble Jack be quick, Go through to the front. Mosh pits are full of people getting nailed in the face and getting hit from all sides, Just go in and have a bar fight, Dunk n Dodge under peoples legs if you have too.

Which I have done in a basketball game before ( Complete accident lost my footing went sliding under the guy's legs and lost the ball. )

But going over the postives of being short and tall.

Tall

* Reach top shelfs.

* Get dates as teenagers

* Get respect as a teenager

* Get mistaken for being older

* Dunk on a 10 foot goal

* Better views at concerts

Small

* Get a work out reaching to the top shelf

* Get a girl who is going to see you for who you are ( instead of likeing hieght first )

* Get snubbed as a teenager ( I actually enjoy this )

* Get underestimated as a teenager ( another one I enjoy dearly)

* Better balance because we the short folk are closer to the ground

* Can sneak around easier

So, it actually balances out you just have to comprehend you are not like them you are you, you have to adjust to who you are and be comftorable with who you are. Confidence is all you truly need to succeed.

http://www.ageofconquests.com/takeon.php?voteid=137

We are all put on this earth by God, Respect one another - Mayo

I'm 5'5", haven't seen a big problem with it yet. (I'm pretty average for a female, I think. ^_^) Although I do have to work a little bit to be able to do some of the defense moves in karate, probably due to a slight lack of leverage if I'm trying to take down a taller person.

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt

well, y'know, there are medical procedures too... you could always break your shins and reset them so they're farther apart. then when the bones heal... i'm sure it works for your femurs, too, but i've only heard of the shins.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Hmm, thanks for the 'good' advice Battousai... I'll rush off and try that straight away! :lol: :roll:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!! :dead:

Incidentally, Battousai, you and I seem to have a lot in common. I, too am from Wisconsin, enjoy martial arts, video games, MST3K, and reading, and like Rurouni Kenshin. ^_^ Are you sure you aren't me, or vice versa?

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt

oh my... perhaps when i "go to sleep", i'm actually blacking out, driving out to milwaukee and living out the life of my alter ego... "erin" :P

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai