• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Christian Martial Artist ??

Are you a Christian Martial Artist ??  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Christian Martial Artist ??

• Yes, I can do ALL things thru Christ Jesus who strengthens me !!
    • No, but Martial Arts still rock !!

I really think just about everyone missed the point of this thread. I am a Christian Martial Artist.

That is all that was required for a reply to this post.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am a Christian Martial Artist and I think Martial Arts doesn't really affect you if your christian or not.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also a Christian, orthodox, but religion and MA for me are two very different things. I go to karate like I go to school or to work. Love it and put into my schedule. I train hard, I read a lot, I love every minute of it, but that's all. It's not a second religion and I don't worship anyone. I respect those who are higher than me, because they are better, I respect thise who are lower, because they've chosen the same way, I try to become a real ARTIST, and pray I'll come to that point one day.

To train in the name of God ... Too exagerated for my tastes. I train for ME. And try to obey those commendmants

• 4 weeks later...

I am a christian who is also a martial artist. I don't believe I am endangering my faith by practicing karate though.

Karate promotes such qualities as humbleness and benevolence. That doesn't seem very satanic to me, and I think people who believe martial arts is the work of the devil are extremely misinformed. Grrr. :kaioken: Some people!

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

• 2 weeks later...
i am a Christian and a MA i think it best to jest ignore things said by those who dont even practice MA and say its evil. though the MA school i attend isnt run by a church my sifu is a Christian. also my Bible teacher and one of my friends practices bushido kai and the school is sponsord by a church so i think some ppl are jest one sided.

Fighting out of hate brings only disgrace.

I'm a Christian and the school that I attend is based out of a Baptist Church. The U.S. Christian Academy of Martial Arts always places God first and Martial Arts second. On our web site there is a page that better discribes our mission http://www.crossroadsnewnan.org/martialarts.asp

Click on the link "Our Ministry and Martial Arts."

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

im not a big fan of religions but a Christian teacher at school said something that i will always remember..

God made Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve :lol:

if you had to choose bewteen MA and religion what would you choose ?

Wing Chun

San Shou

Jeet Kune Do