• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

help for reducing weight...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I would be amiss if I didn't at least say...Before engaging on any diet, consult with your doctor first. Then and only then, proceed forward, but always yielding your doctors instructions and advise.

I've been on a many diets over the many years. Some good and some not so good. Some on the approval of my doctor and some not. Whenever I followed my doctors advise, all was great. I don't have to tell you what can happen when you try diets of your own device...disaster!!

:)

I totally support this advise, with my diet I checked with my Doctor before and during my extreme weight loss need to see the Doctor again in a few weeks for a check-up

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

I lost 180 lbs way back in 1995 and have not gained it back.

And you know what? I don't miss her a bit either! :D

OK...about the topic *ahem*...I've had a lot of students want to join my class to loose weight. I have told them if that is their goal for the martial arts, go take an aerobics class or join Weight Watchers. I'm here to teach you how to survive in a fight, and if the byproduct is some weight loss...GREAT! But that's not what I';m trying to do here.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

• 4 weeks later...

A good rule of thumb for carbs is to eat no more than the palm of your hand thay way you'll burn it off and not store and turn it to fat.

There is allot of free stuff online or programs - I did the Bill Phillips "Body For Life" book program years ago and got major ripped with it.

Its knowledge and staying disciplined to it!

I am going to make the assumption that you wish to lose bodyfat and not weight to meet a class weight for a competiton. This is important, because too many go on too extreme a diet and strip off muscle and wreak havoc on their metabolism. Strength training will greatly benefit anyone trying to lose weight (need not be weights). I am not a nutritionist and would suggest meeting with an registered dietician who specializes in athletes. The general guidlines to lose fat are to find your maintenence calories and eat at a 500 calorie deficit. This should allow you to lose 1-2lbs a week without jeopardizing muscle or metabolism. I'll post more later when back at a real computer.

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)

• 1 year later...

First of all control your diet plan, cut down all junk , fast, and fried foods and take more organic and raw veggies foods to burn your excessive fat.

Secondly start some workout plan in your regular routine, cardio workouts is more effective on for the weight reduction purposes.

• 6 months later...

Hi Mark,

To reduce weight, engage yourself in regular physical activities and take small frequent meals. Avoid skipping breakfast as it boost metabolism and provides you energy for day time activities. Drink more water than routine, prefer raw food over processed food and do not eat late.

I've lost nearly 100 pounds in the last 2 year's. What helped me, was weight loss apps. I could see just how bad I was eating... I used My Fitness Pal to trank food and such, snd Noom to track my excercise. I still use Noom, even tho I'm at 175 now.