• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any other fitness training?

mal103

That may be, but it also has the luxury of being able to do the workout at home, without hiring a personal trainer or driving to the gym. If someone likes to work out at home, then it would probably be a good fit, if they want to pay for it.

Well, here's the thing: a good personal trainer will go to you and adapt to your goals and any injuries you might have or develop, P90X cannot. Further, P90X costs a $140 (including shipping). If you knew a good personal trainer, they might be willing to develop a workout system you can do in your living room with what you have available to you for $50-60. And I'd surprised if KF didn't have more than one certified personal trainer.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I stopped going to gyms because of the expense and the feeling that I wasn't getting anywhere for the price I was paying.

Instead I work out at home: sit-ups, press-ups, lower abdominal crunches (don't know the proper name for them), tricep exercises every day and karate twice a week. Plus a few hours every week working on my kihon and my kata, for karate practice.

I really want to start running but getting the motivation together is difficult particularly when it rains so often

That may be, but it also has the luxury of being able to do the workout at home, without hiring a personal trainer or driving to the gym. If someone likes to work out at home, then it would probably be a good fit, if they want to pay for it.

Well, here's the thing: a good personal trainer will go to you and adapt to your goals and any injuries you might have or develop, P90X cannot. Further, P90X costs a $140 (including shipping). If you knew a good personal trainer, they might be willing to develop a workout system you can do in your living room with what you have available to you for $50-60. And I'd surprised if KF didn't have more than one certified personal trainer.

I just offered it as a suggestion. I know there are other good resources out there, too. Just one suggestion.

I have P90X and rather like it, but there are definitely good alternatives out there. It depends what you're after. For me, having everything pre-arranged meant a great deal of time saved for me. The nutrition book for the meals, the work outs being laid out, and three different ways to approach the 90 day program with the ability to mix it with other programs.

It is over priced, I agree, but it's very convenient.

Anyway, that aside, lately I've also been doing cardio in my back yard. I take water and some salt out with me (to replenish what's lost in sweat). I then train karate in the sun for about an hour. Lots of kata for cardio, jumping jacks, repeating kicks to practice form and balance, and so on. Plus I can use the tan.

I also go on walks with my mother a few times a week, but that's not so much exercise for me.. :D