• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Injuries

PAVJ

Hey everyone,

I've always wanted to study Martial Arts but due to laziness and general procrastination I've always put it off.

I'm not 25 years old but I have a history of knee injuries (Osgood Schlatters Disease, which developed and I eventually, aged 16, had to have an op to remove a piece of bone. The surgeon said I have increased chance of Arthritis because of the op. I have also torn cartilidge). Also at the end of 2009 I was in a car accident which caused my back and neck to sieze up for 4 months.

I have finally recovered my fitness to where it was before the accident (which was never very good) and dropped most of the excess weight put on afterwards.

Due to the accident I've realised that life is too short to put things off. So I guess my question is due to my injuries will my body cope with MA now or due to my procrastination have I missed the boat?

Paul

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's never too late to get rolling. Listen to your body, take care of it and go slow.

Enjoy getting into it and keep us posted.

I would go for it as well, you will enjoy it, just do what you can and have fun which to me is what MA is about. Your fitness will get better and you will probably find that as you get better your body can compensate for any injurys you may have. I have read of people that have started at 60. Your only here once if it is something you want to do then just do it.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.