• Shureido Mugen
    • Tokon Spirit
    • ProForce ultra lightweight gi
    • Adidas karate master
    • Century lightweight gi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I noticed the ones you had listed did not include the BEST! The best for the price is most defiantly The Tropical by Meijin.

Check it out at:

http://www.dragon-tsunami.org/Products/Pages/Meijin_tropical.htm

I live in Daphne, AL. close to the gulf coast and this is great for the warmer climate. Fit and quality if far superior to the Tokon.

Sensei Kellam

Karate is a way of life!

http://cranemartialarts.ecrater.com/

the best for kumite, kata, training is hirota pinack 1

tokon sovereign

cause if you put the tokaido NST (or hayate ..??) and shuredio mugen, you have to put hirota and sovereign (even if tokon does not use the same fabric than japanese brand)

Jimmy Rancourt

• 1 month later...

What about the Shureido New Wave - 1 (NW1) ? I haven't worn it, but I've seen other competitors with it. It seems very light, but surprisingly has good snap to it as well.

Anything but the Proforce... That 5 oz material is nearly transparent when it gets wet, and overall feels like a lightweight pajama set. I don't know about you, but I'd rather people not see what color shorts I have on under my uniform.

Not sure how the Century lightweght student and 8 oz student compare for weight. I had the 8oz "contact" pants and 8oz "student" jacket, and finally tore the pants a month or two back- after 5 years. Even after the pants tore, they were better than the Proforce ultra-lightweight. I think the Century lightweight student may be 6ox, while the proforce is 4 or 5.

Believe it or not, I've found heavier uniforms to be cooler. They don't cling like the ultra-lightweight, so you still get some airflow.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.