• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how to increase push up count

ashvin

Hello,

I have just started learning shukokai karate, having completed 4 class.

while initial warm up, my teacher instruct to do various sequence of exercise.

I found self very week in perticulary "push up" and "thigh spreading".

While some of my friend doing 20 push up comfortably and some senior doing 100 !, I can only do "7" push up :( and get feeling of my hand will broke if i go for next one.

Can any one help, how to increase push up count.

Well, by the way I am 192 cm (6' 3") tall and

having weight of 75 kg (165 lb)

Edited by ashvin

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's hard to make complicated, do more push-ups.

And that is the "problem" that most of the beginners run into, so not to worry. :)

It takes time, And might no be much of a fun :D but you'll get there in time.

In the end, that is not very important thing at that point. Sure, in belt tests there usually is some amount of push-ups that you gotta do...

Shukokai's a good style :up:

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

Shukokai's a good style :up:

As an aside - strictly speaking - Shukokai is a group not a style.

Sojobo

So what's the difference?

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

More push ups. Practice. Practice just about every day. Eventually, you'll be able to do more. There isn't a magical quick fix... you just have to slowly work your way up to it.

My actual serious resolution for this year is to be able to do proper, good push-ups in a respectable quantity. By the end of the year. So don't stress, just keep plugging away! It's hard when you start out. And if you're training right, you will always find ways to learn and expand so there is always something new that is hard. Or something that is hard because you are doing your best to, once having learn it, perfect it.

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

I agree, there's nothing to it but to do it. Seriously though, try doing sets, do as many as you can, take a minute break then do another set, do this 3 or 4 times, at least 3 days a week or more.

your Sensei will be very understanding regarding your push-up ability so don't get too worried about it. Just keep doing them in your spare time and you will find that you will be able to do more.

- Chris