• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The ULTIMATE workout songs!

Wow, I guess my music tastes while I work out are on the odd-side. When fighting, exercising, or training I love listening to instrumentals. Yanni (his album Tribute being very nice), Lorrena McKennit(sp?), soundtrack to Last of the Mohicans, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, ENYA, mostly soundtracks to movies.

I can't do it to heavy metal. I just can't get my mind to flow while listening to that. And having clarity of thought is very important to me while training.

I have fought, before, with really loud metal music in the background and it didn't bother me. Just while training have I got to have the instrumentals. Either that or no music at all (being outside).

Looks like I number in the minority on music tastes for training.

I wouldn't say you are a minority. I like the loud music when lifting weights, hitting a bag, or running, but when I normally train basics and patterns I would listen to similar music, I have a load of oriental music to practice to for that. As you said, clarity of thought is important.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when practicing my xingyi forms I like to listen to INET chinese classical on live365.com, when working out I prefer rap like Wu tang Clan tho... or the occasional hardcore rock such as metallica or sometimes even nirvana... heh im a wierdo.

• 2 weeks later...
I prefer a variety of music while I train. I don't like to train to heavy metal, but a few songs that aren't that heavy I can deal with. WOW! I'm not the only one who like Loreena Mckennitt and Yanni! :D But, I also really like to listen to Rocky music while I train, I use alot of intrumentals during certain parts of my training and the more upbeat music when I'm picking up the pace. But mostly I like alot of intrumentals, things that relax me and clear my mind for thought. It may be odd, but I can get more pumped with the right kind of intrumental and peaceful music, then I can with upbeat fast music. That may seem odd. I also love the crouching tiger, hidden dragon soundtrack too! I haven't seen Last of the Mohicans in a long time, but i think i remember liking the music, I'll have to check again. Anyhow, that's the type of music I train too. :karate:

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

When I am running, doing calesthenics or lifting I like all types of loud fast rock music. Currently my favorites are Godsmack, Default, Hoobastank, Puddle of Mudd and the like..

When practicing forms, meditating or anything where I need to focus I like Celtic music. I have several of these CD's which are mostly instrumental with natural sounds mixed in. These seem to relax me without being a distraction or overwhelming.

"Do not assume I share your prejudices"

1. Any of Elvis Presley Gospel songs

2. Wild Thang - Tone Loc

3. Brickhouse - Commodores

4. Baby Got Back - (?????)

(will add more as I come accross them)

• 2 weeks later...
Anything that reminds me how pissed off I am. Rap, Dr. Dre, Tupac, DMX. alternative, Nirvana, Blink182, Metallica

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

Great list three60roundhouse, I love the WHO! Let's also add in the Doors, Boston, Aerosmith, Jefferson Airplane, Steve Miller, CCR, and I can't forget the Police. :D

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

OMG - a little off topic! I saw The Who last night with Robert Plant opening - The Who was AMAZING! Pete Townsend makes me embarrassed to say that I "play the guitar" because what he does is so many million times better than what I will ever be able to do no matter how many hours I devote to mechanically plucking the strings. (Takes deep breath). Yeah, they were good.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!