• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kellers Day 1 Back INTO Training Journal

TKDKeller

OKay so I woke up around 8:30 pm tonite(monday) after working the night shift, and I went to Wal-Mart purchased a sports timer(got the wrong one :(/ and the new Karate Kid movie, I planned to workout out after the store but that didn't happen so the wife and I watched it, it was her first time and she loved it. After the movie around 11:30 or so I gathered my equipment for the garage and here is my long awaited back into the mix routine.

MONDAY 10/12/10 12AM TRAINING

1. Started with my Shaolin Warrior

Workout DVD, did about 30 min, kicked my butt had to take several breaks, stances and pushups got me as well as the 100 high knee raises.

2. Did some jabs on the heavy bag (3 sets of 50 each arm) arms were feeling it.

3.Pushups on the bars( 2 sets of 10) REally out of shape on these

4. Side lunges ( 2 sets of 10) kind of supersetted these with the pushups

5. ONly 1 min of Jump rope ( i was horrible and was already getting shaky)

6. Finished with the Stephen Kesting's Yoga For martial arts, did about 20 min worth, poses kicked my butt again....

Confidence and motivation were leaving at this point, because of the disapointment...so

All in all finished at 1:10am and I am really out of shape, not good for a 27 year old who just got out of the military. Spent too much time on the computer and now trying to get my skills back. I will post pics up later. Would like to hear your thoughts and tuesday is another day for training. Enjoy!! :karate:

Courtesy & Respect - Integrety - Self control - Perserverance - Indomitable Spirit

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

nice...

I wish had your motivation...

look forward to hearing about your progress.

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

nice...

I wish had your motivation...

look forward to hearing about your progress.

I will keep you posted, Right now im about 240 maybe more at 5 10", not good at all i need to lose 40 lbs for sure.

Courtesy & Respect - Integrety - Self control - Perserverance - Indomitable Spirit

Good start! Keep at it and keep us posted.

Well after my first session, My hamstrings and obliques were pretty sore and there still sore a little now so I haven't done any more training yet.. :( another slump, I think I need to find a good school nearby and probaby suck it up and join, very hard training alone now, lack of motivation orwhere to start.

If you can find a club I think it would certainly help you get started. The structure and camaraderie of a school or club are deffinitely helpful to keep you going back.

http://www.martialartfinder.com/sd

On the other hand if you are just really out of shape and super sore from over doing it; think about starting with a walking program instead of jumping right in to the deep end.

Hope that helps.

If you can find a club I think it would certainly help you get started. The structure and camaraderie of a school or club are deffinitely helpful to keep you going back.

http://www.martialartfinder.com/sd

On the other hand if you are just really out of shape and super sore from over doing it; think about starting with a walking program instead of jumping right in to the deep end.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the link Bridge I have a good list to start calling on, hopefully the prices are descent. :)

Try easing back into your workouts. Down time is not good, especially if you are too hurt or sore to train. Give your body time to build up.

Try easing back into your workouts. Down time is not good, especially if you are too hurt or sore to train. Give your body time to build up.

Any workout suggestions?

None that come straight to mind. What you are doing is probably ok, just tone it down some, fewer sets, less reps, etc. Let your body get back into it a bit easier, and then build.